This is so exciting to me, especially since Girl, Stolen isn't due out until September 28!
YALSA 2011 Quick Picks Nominations
Updated May 10, 2010
- Black, Jenna. Glimmerglass. Dana is about to find out more than she wants to know about the father she never met.
- Cooney, Caroline B. They Never Came Back. Could Murielle really be Cathy’s cousin who disappeared five years ago? [I LOVE her books]
- Elkeles, Simone. Rules of Attraction: A Perfect Chemistry Novel. From hating each other to sparks flying.
- Fantaskey, Beth. Jekyll Loves Hyde. Jill Jekyll and Tristan Hyde team up for a chemistry contest hoping to win money and to cure a curse.
- Hall, Teri. The Line. Rachel has an opportunity to cross the Line, but is both afraid and excited about what lies beyond. [I just reviewed this for the Oregonian]
- Henry, April. Girl Stolen: A Novel. Blind, kidnapped, in a stolen car: will she survive? [Wow - what a great single sentence - I’m memorizing it]
- Hubbard, Jennifer. The Secret Year. After Julia dies in a car accident, Colt struggles to hide his feelings from all those around him. [AKA writerjenn
- Myers, Walter Dean. Lockdown. Reese has been sentenced to Progress Juvenile Lockdown facility. But is he making any?
- Omololu, C.J. Dirty Little Secrets. Lucy’s mom dies and she’s left with the mess.
- Peters, Julie Anne. By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead. Daelyn is determined to succeed with killing herself. [Another of my agent’s clients]
- Rainfield, Cheryl. Scars. Kendra cuts herself to help her forget. [I’ve heard good things about this one]
- Reed, Amy. Beautiful. Everything changes - but not for the better.
- Schraff, Anne. Outrunning the Darkness. Jaris struggles to keep up his grades in spite of the stress of a depressed, alcoholic father, and trying to win the girl of his dreams.
Schraff, Anne. If You Really Loved Me. Is it worth is to have a boyfriend even if he's no good?
- Strasser, Todd. Wish You Were Dead. What if your wish, that all the mean, popular kids in school were dead came true? [Todd blurbed Girl, Stolen - and he doesn’t even know me!]
- Summers, Courtney. Some Girls Are. Things get really, really nasty when you’re not popular anymore.
- Teller, Janne. Nothing. Is it possible to prove life has meaning?
- Van Diepen, Allison. The Oracle of Dating. Top advice on dating – from someone who never has. [We have - emailed on Myspace - back when people were still on Myspace.]
- Williams, Carol Lynch. Glimpse. Lizzie has a secret she won't tell. Will her sister discover the truth?