1. Coming home utterly drained from work on Friday to an empty house. Kid at friends. Husband at friend's kid's football game. Eating half a box of low-fat Wheat Thins and a glass of OJ. For dinner.
2. Trying to pick up a dead squirrel with a snow shovel and carry it to the garbage can without dropping it. (Not as easy as it might sound).
3. Spending most of Sunday night awake with vomiting kid.
On the plus side:
1. Finding fresh strawberries at the farmer's market.
2. Discovering Barry Lyga's Boy Toy on the new YA fiction shelf at the library.
3. Making a new online friend.