- Simon & Schuster has eliminated 35 positions.
- It also announced that the head of its children’s group, Rick Richter will leave the company at the end of the week. Rubin Pfeffer, senior v-p and publisher of the children’s group is also leaving.
- Random House has been reorganized, including disbanding Doubleday. President and publisher of the Bantam Dell group Irwyn Applebaum is leaving the company after 25 years. Publisher's Lunch says, "Knopf will absorb the Doubleday and Nan A. Talese lines, while the Crown group will incorporate Broadway, Doubleday Business, Doubleday Religion and WaterBrook Multnomah," and that "the newly formed publishing groups will continue to bid independently in auctions," though there are now three of them instead of five.
- Thomas Nelson has eliminated 54 positions, after an earlier round of cuts in September.
- Thee publisher of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's adult trade division, Becky Saletan, has resigned
I just hope there aren't any more shoes to drop.