But that's the great thing about that first run. I note down the time in my calendar and circle it, because it is my record-setting time for the year. And today I'll try to beat it. So I'll be successful two days in a row.
It kind of reminds me of my Weight Watchers strategy.
1. Before first weigh in, you eat and drink freely. Also dress in heavy layers. This establishes your starting weight. Sure, it will be horrendously high. But there is a method to my madness.
2. Before second weigh in - select a lightweight outfit. Voila - two pounds lost! Everyone will clap.
3. Before third weigh in - ix-nay on the rinking-day. Also don't eat before the meeting. Proudly smile as you accept your five-pound pin.
4. Before fourth weigh in - Before choosing what to wear, dress up in different outfits and stand on the scale. Wear the lightest outfit. You're up to a seven pound weight loss.
5. Before fifth weigh in - take off your watch, wedding ring, and earrings before you go to the meeting and step on the scale. When people ask your secret, just say, "I'm working the plan."