1. Don't Read for More Than Five Minutes at a Time. Ever!
2. Get the Crowd Involved [He has some really interesting ideas]
3. Easy on the Visuals [I have to say that after doing school visits, I've come to think Powerpoints are a good idea - he disagrees]
4. Hand Out Gift Certificates [I've never done gift certificates, but I've had drawings for other books]
5. Cut Off the Q&A Early [Not too early, but his point, when you read it in full, is a good one]
6. Don't Be Afraid to Say Something Stupid
Read the full post here.
And here's a cautionary post about what happens when you don't follow the rules.