- How important are covers in terms of selling a book?
- Have your publishers asked you for your opinion or “input” on your covers, and to what extent do you think they listened? Did you ever meet with the designer? How important was “marketing” in making decisions about the cover of your book(s)?
- Did you ever receive a cover that made you unhappy and if so, what did you do about it? Did you ultimately end up with a cover that made you happier?
- How important are blurbs, particularly for a first-time author?
- How did you go about getting your blurbs? Did your agent or editor help, or did you rely more on personal connections?
- Have you ever offered someone else a blurb?
There answers are all interesting - and in some cases, very, very frank!.